Thursday 6 February 2014

Selena #1 Abstract Objects




1) How did this assignment help you to see everyday object differently?
     It lets me know how different it could be if we change the way that we used to see. Interestingly, when the colors were taken away, the lines, shapes and patterns would be clearer. We could focus on the structure and the construct more. Moreover, in a close-up distance, things become unrecognizable and  deformed. It's tricky because we were used to recognized object by shapes, which we might seem it was a kind of clue, but now we are cheated by it. However, it's still charming, especially via a camera lens, and as dramatic as the black and white movie in my mind.

2) How do the photos you've selected make you feel?
    Do they remind you of something else?

     The first picture make me feel sad. It's sorrowful for me when something or someone waiting somewhere but no one noticed them. They piled up and faced to the sunshine, like many abandon pets gathered or the elder sit in front of the home. They are waiting for someone special who have never come back.  

     The second picture looks like some nebula. It's a small and magical universe around me. When you see it, you would find some secret inside which might make you become beautiful.

     The third picture is similar to timer or clock. Most people might be confused when they saw a circular with some numbers. For me, it's more like a sundial, and that's why I always make the picture associate with ancient cultures such as Maya and Egypt whenever I have seen. Therefore, I reckon that it's an eternal exist in the world as the time.

1. Lots of chairs put together.
2. An eye shadows.
3.A heating bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment