Thursday 16 January 2014

No Pants Subway Ride



On Jan 12th, 2014 The “No Pants Subway Ride” is opened. The event started in New York in 2002. It’s an annual global event. It has existed for 13years, and is happening all over the world. The event started at 4pm in Commercial-Broadway Sky Train station. Over 200people gathered in the station. There were reporters from broadcasting stations. They focused on a guy, he was a promoter. He explained how to enjoy this event. “Sit in the car and act as how you normally would. As soon as the doors shut, stand up and take your pants off and put them in your backpack.” When the event started, many people ran into the car, and they took off their clothes. We went to Waterfront station and then, transferred to Canada line. We got off in City Hall station. We walked on Granville Street. And then, returned to Commercial-Broadway station. All of them were happy and laughing. They must have had a good memory.      

In Korea, I haven’t seen this kind of culture because we are a little conservative. If I took off my pants, I might be taken to a police station. Although it’s a little strange, I’d like to enjoy this event. It’s really out of the norm. So, I want to experience this special time. I interviewed some international people, and according to my research, they would like to join this event. Some people felt it had a positive effect on people. On the other hand, some people felt it was negative. Race and religion and gender, age doesn’t affect their opinions. As a result, we should respect different cultures according to people’s personalities and identity because I have to respect the differences in others.          

No comments:

Post a Comment