Thursday 16 January 2014

Problems with the 99 B-line bus




Problems with the 99 B-line bus

 Recently, I’ve been thinking about problems with 99 B-line Bus, because the bus is too crowded and too late in the morning and during rush hours. So I have interviewed people, using a voice recorder, waiting for the 99 bus, for the last week. I asked them 4 questions.
1. What do you think about the 99 B-line Bus?
2. What are your problems with the 99 B-line Bus?
3. Do you think there should be sky trains on broad way street?
4. What do you think about the Bus fare? is it too expensive or fair?

 I heard a variety of opinions. The first question, some people said the bus isn’t convenient because it’s too crowded. If you’re too close to people, you can smell bad odors and strong perfumes. But the other people said “we’re satisfied with the 99 B-line buses because it’s an express bus.” The second question, some people said their are few 99 bus, too crowded and too waited in the morning. And some people said the bus stop line-ups are too long. The third question, some people said the sky trains are very useful for UBC people. And we have more choices getting to work or school. The forth question, all of the people said the bus fee is proper. No complaints. One person said the problems with bus fees are how they are managed (where the most is spent). For example, the bus ride on the bridge to North Vancouver but if you want to drive your car on the bridge, you will pay. So the person’s thinking of bus fee is justified. First I thought, all the people has complained about the 99 B-line bus because I have complaints about 99 B-line bus. So I thought the people are just like me. But actually, people have different opinions. I was surprised by a result of opinions. I got varieties of opinions from the people. Now, I'll show you my interview result.

Ask 10 people
        Problems with the 99 B-line bus
Positive(no problems)           /   Negative(many problems)
30%                           /                          70%

Thinking of  bus fare
Expensive                  /                            fair
 10%                        /                           90%
by Boyoung Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment