Friday 27 December 2013

Back to the future/ claire

Baby Claire

Now Claire

 My childhood was full of happiness. My parents are really generous, kind and nice. We weren’t rich but I feel happiness is more than being rich. I was a little tomboy girl, and always received full of parent’s love. However, when my brother was born, many things changed.

 I was five years old at that time, and I needed more love and attention from my parents. They still gave me love and attention but I didn’t know how, so I hated my brother a lot, and my parents were worried about that.

 In Korea, there’s a notion of preferring a son to a daughter and my parents didn’t prefer son to daughter, but my grandparents did preferred son. They discriminated against daughters, and it was really hurtful for me. I hated my brother more than before when my grandparents acted like that. It was really terrible because I always felt like I’m not the one of my family. I was childish and immature. I had own my room, separated from my parents very fast. So I’m getting more independent person. Now, I can do everything own myself. It’s really good for me I think.

 Later, I knew that was just my stereotype. My grandparents also love me a lot and they just hope me to be more independent. That’s why they were very strict to me. Now, they are very soft and warm, and my brother and I also have a good relationship. I was immature but I am not immature anymore. I hated my brother, not anymore. I love my brother, my family so much.

 It was so nice time. We spent lovely time and I thought my past, my childhood. I feel many things … beautiful time. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment